Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rough Nights, Tough Mornings!

I know I've said before that the nights are hard because I'm home by myself. But mornings are tough too. Tony doesn't usually get home until late and Braysen's an early riser. Usually 5:30am to be exact. Because he wakes up so early, Tony is still asleep. So during the morning, I try to keep Braysen occupied and quiet while I try to get ready. Most of the time I still have semi-wet hair and no makeup when I leave the house.
When I decided I wanted to not only have a little more time to myself to get ready in the morning, along with maybe a little time to work out, I decided I needed to get up earlier. So Wednesday morning, my alarm went off at 4:15. I worked out, showered and got almost completely ready before Braysen woke up at 5:45. He slept in that day :)

Thursday I didn't bother because it was my work from home day so I don't do makeup and hair those days.

For Friday, I totally thought I was set. My alarm went off at 4:15, and I shut it off immediately. I heard Braysen on the monitor. What the heck?! This incident certainly  proved I had been thinking this for a long time. My dang alarm clock is waking him up every morning. I think Wednesday may have just been a fluke that he slept in. So needless to say, we were both up way too early, were both very tired and grumpy, and I still didn't get the opportunity to work out or get ready!

I'm not really sure where to go from here, because as it looks, I will never get a chance to get up and get ready before Braysen is awake.

My favorite thing about our hectic mornings, though, is kisses through the shower door!


  1. Wow, you have dedication Amy! I can barely drag my butt out of bed at 5:45am to run before work. Good for you! Hope the mornings get easier.

  2. I know that it's easier said than done, but have you tried to keep him up a little later? Since we pushed Emery's bedtime to 8:30-9 pm she's been sleeping until 7:30ish. It has helped me a ton. I can actually shower and drink a cup of coffee before she's up and by my side. Whatever you do I'm sure you will figure out how to squeeze a little more "you" time in. These toddlers are balls of pure energy. Sometimes I wonder where mine gets it all?!?!

  3. Natalie, I don't know if I'd call it dedication or determination. I've been on a quest this last week to really get my life back under control. It's amazing how the dynamics of everything you do changes when there is a little one around!

    Marlo, I did try a few weeks back to move his bedtime a little later, but it didn't really seem to make a difference with his wake-up time. :( it seems like whatever time I set my alarm is the time he wakes up, which is a little hard to believe because his bedroom is SO FAR from mine! Maybe I'll try again tonight. It seems I remember reading somewhere that it takes a few nights before the "sleeping in" will take affect. I actually just sent you a text message. :)